The Company aims to ensure that the highest standard of sustainability and environmental care is achieved and is continually seeking new ways to maintain and improve these high standards. The Company and its employees will ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to improve our impact upon the environment. The Company is committed to reducing:
- Energy use
- Green House Gas emissions
- Potable water consumption
- Waste generation by avoiding, reducing, reusing and recycling wherever possible
The Company is committed to meeting and where possible, exceeding minimum requirements, for Commonwealth and State environmental legislation regulations, policies and initiatives.
Every employee of the Company through their work has a potential impact on our environment. As an employee of the Company, we expect you to adhere to the Company’s philosophy and policies in relation to the environment.
Accordingly, all employees are required to ensure that they:
- Correctly dispose of office paper and other office waste. The use of recycling bins for specified waste is mandatory
- Dispose of chemicals and other hazardous wastes only in accordance with legislative and company procedures
- Adhere to any other Company or legal requirements in relation to the use of equipment and the disposal of waste
- Respect the Company’s property as if it were your own property. Wastage is not only a poor use of resources, but represents a significant cost to the company
- Comply with storage and handling procedures in properly constructed bunded areas for chemicals and hazardous materials used in the production process
- Report any environmental incidents to your supervisor. Incidents must be recorded in the GWA Corporate Risk Database
GWA is committed to minimizing waste Consumables.
GWA is committed to minimizing the use of consumables and when we purchase goods we ensure that we search for goods which were produced causing the least harm to the environment, producing the least waste and efficient in their consumption of energy and resources.
GWA is committed to choosing service partners that align with our values and demonstrate sustainability leadership in their field. We try to give preference locally and develop personal relationships with our service providers to properly understand their values.
GWA provides an environmentally sound workplace. We ensure that all our activities are conducted in a manner that safeguards health and protects the environment.
GWA encourages a sense of environmental responsibility among all staff through communication and education.
Our sustainability policy is on display so that all employees can monitor improvements and encourage best practices. Through this system we are able to set and review our environmental and social targets.